Some Facts and Figures about Stefan
Stefan Spiessberger is one of the best kitesurfers in Austria. The beginning of his passion started at his homespot lake Traunsee and in the famous kitesurfing area Egypt.
"When I bought my first Kite, I was still going to school and didn't have a car or a driving license. My enthusiasm for the sport was so big that I went to the spot by bike - every day in summer, with all my gear on my back!"
After spending 2 years on his homespot in Austria, Stefan decided to spend 4 months in Egypt/El Gouna to improve his level and riding skills. One year later he already became Austrian Champion in Freestyle in 2009. In the meantime Stefan joined the national team of the biggest kitesurfing brand on the market - North Kiteboarding. One season later he jumped up to the North Kiteboarding International Team.
"Joining the International Team of NKB was one of my dreams from the beginning on. At this point I started to realize, the life i was dreaming of, the life as a professional athlete, was finally coming true."
In 2010 and 2011 Stefan competed in the Kitesurftour Europe (European Championchip) and placed himself imediatelly in the Top 5 of europeans Kitesurfers. In 2011 he ended up 5th in the overall ranking of the Kitesurftour Europe and showed some good performaces on several events of the PKRA Worldtour.
"2011 was probably my best season so far. I am really happy with my results in competitions but even more excited about my riding itself and the new tricks I've learned!
Stefan's best placings
- 5th Place, Freestyle, VKWC Worldtour Dakhla/Morrocco
- 1st Place, Team Contest - Surfworldcup Podersdorf/Austria
- 5th Place, Freestlye, PKRA Hainan/China
- 6th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Tarifa/Spain
- 6th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Pingtan/China
- 9th Place Overall World Rankings 2014
- 9th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Marsala/Italy
- 9th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Fuerteventura/Spain
- 9th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Pingtan/China
- 1st Place, Freestyle, KTE Barcelona/Spain
- 3rd Place, Freestyle, KTE Heres/France
- 2nd Place Overall Rankings Europe 2013
- 4th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Holland/Scheveningen 2012
- 6th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Dakhla/Marocco 2012
- 2nd Place, Freestyle, KTE Podersdorf 2012
- 4th Place, Freestyle, PKRA St. Peter Ording/Germany 2012
- 2nd Place, Freestyle, KTE Sylt/Germany 2012
- 2nd Place, Freestyle, KTE Barcelona/Spain 2012
- 2nd Place Overall Rankings Europe
- 13th Place, Freestyle, PKRA Germany/St.PeterOrding 2011
- 4th Place, Freestyle, KTE Germany/Sylt 2011
- 5th Place, Freestyle, KTE Italy/Lamezia Therme 2011
- 5th Place, Freestyle Overall 2011
- National: 1st Place - Surfworldcup Podersdorf/Austria 2011, Best-Trick Freestyle
- 4th Place, Freestyle, KTE Podersdorf/Neusiedlersee 2010
- Austrian Champion 2009
If you need anything, feel free to contact me:
Ebensee / Austria / Europe
Email: Drop me a line!